Sunday, August 28, 2011


I haven't done many cardmaking projects lately, but I decided to try making a re-purposed or altered frame.  A few weeks ago our family was all together for the first time in about 3 years.  We took a picture of all of us together but I didn't get one of just my grandchildren, because of course not everyone was co-operating!  When we went to the mall to the aquarium for one of the days they were here, we pushed all of the kids against a wall and snapped a picture.  It is actually pretty funny because Melora wouldn't stand alone so Dane is holding her against the wall while trying to stay out of the picture.  Anyway, I decided to have some fun with a $1 frame I purchased at Michaels and painted it, made a ribbon flower, added some buttons, and decorated it.  Then I printed the picture in sepia and put it in the frame.  I think it turned out pretty cute for my first try.  Now I am going to be looking for old frames and used items that I can make into something else!  It sure stimulates the creative juices.

My Grandkids!  All eight of them!

No comments: