Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dieting...What does that REALLY mean?

Ok...so I have been dieting for over a month. I even dieted when we went to Idaho for a family reunion...which wasn't easy beacuse they just didn't serve celery and cottage cheese when I needed them to! And of course the one meal that I was looking forward to was the egg and bacon breakfast and they ran out of bacon so I just had a few scrambled eggs...not so good! Anyway, back to my gripe. I lost 6 1/2 lbs the first week which was all new added weight from the previous vacation and I have not lost an ounce since. 4 going on 5 WEEKS! It doesn't seem to matter if I exercise, eat chocolate or starve...I just can't lose weight! My body seems to think this is an ideal weight and we're sticking to it! I have been typing up some of Mom's recipes so that everyone can have a copy of them. That doesn't make dieting easy either because everything sounds so good and the memories of the comfort food are strong! I guess I am destined to be a candidate for greenpeace! I should be happy with what I have. I know my problems are small in comparison with others! Nonetheless, I would be happy with a drop in poundage!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hear you! Maybe we should try that Alli drug or something, or maybe we were never meant to be skinny after we met our husbands! Who knows!!

Claudia Shirley said...

I love your blog, Kathy. I had to leave my comment on the "diet" part because I too keep trying to lose weight and keep losing and regaining the same 5 pounds. So frustrating! Let me know if you find a magical cure!