Saturday, January 17, 2009

AHHH! Arizona!


We went to a movie this morning (Last Chance Harvey...which I really liked, by the way. It was a quiet, sweet, slow moving, study in character movie.) and then went to lunch at AJ's and ate out on the patio. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and just one of the perks of living in Arizona! A totally pleasurable morning until we found out that we have to fix my new (used) car to the tune of $650...something about a gasket leak in the manifold...whatever that means! And all we did is take it in for an oil change. Isn't there always something! So, while it is still a beautiful day, that put somewhat of a damper on it!

Last Sunday we had a family dinner because our twins (the two oldest) had their 31st birthday! Talk about making me feel old! But those sweet grandkids are trying very hard to keep me young. So smart, so cute and precocious. I love talking to them and hearing their take on things. They consider and think through things much more than we give them credit for. Hooray for Youth! Malia (3) loves strawberries and was even eating the slimy pieces off of Grant's high chair tray. She told me to be sure and bring strawberries the next time I come to visit. And Oh, better bring an apple for Juliana because she doesn't like strawberries! At least she wasn't selfish!

No comments: