Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I worked all day today. It was busy, but not the crazy rush that we have been experiencing. I came home and my family had cleaned the house and taken down the Christmas things and put everything away. What a treat!

On New Year's Eve, we spent last night at Carolyn's just playing with the grandkids and eating and then we spent the next 3 hours just talking. It was a very pleasant evening. I realize how much I love my family and how blessed we really are. I have been talking to James and Susannah while they are home on Christmas break from college and telling them to appreciate the simple little pleasures and to enjoy this journey we are on, called life. One of my goals this year is to discover a new simple pleasure each and every day. Some of my simple pleasures are inhaling the smell of new books with their fresh ink. Another simple pleasure is climbing into my own bed with fresh clean sheets. Or, listening to an innocent comment from my sweet grandchildren. What joy they bring me! I know life is busy for all of us, but I challenge us all to take a moment and enjoys life's simple pleasures!

1 comment:

partypatt said...

I have to agree with you about life's simple pleasures. We all have so many pleasures and sometimes we forget to notice them or be grateful. Happy New Years to you and your family! May 2009 be a wonderful year for you!

I am so happy that Christie has a great family like yours to be a part of. Thank you for raising such a great son in Travis...we are so grateful to have him be a part of our family!