Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Anniversaries and Excitement!

Here it is...Wednesday night...9:30pm...and our 32nd Wedding Anniversary! I am sitting on the computer and fixing my blog background...how sad is that! We decided to go out and celebrate on Friday night when we had more time and didn't have to work the next morning. It has been a really different week so far. A little surreal and yet very sobering. Yesterday I went to Dana Park (an upscale shopping mall) with Carolyn, Christie and Peggy and we spent the day shopping, wandering through the stores and eating lunch at CPK. None of us bought much since most of the things we looked at were way out of our price range. It was fun to just get out and get away from the everyday work and chores at home. Today I worked all day and Travis took me to dinner tonight at a little Mexican resturant. Then we came home and settled in for the night.

Yesterday, we found out that Dane, Marlene's husband, just lost his job. I was just sick and my heart went up into my throat, as I worried, as only a mother can. My prayers are with them as they try and figure out their next move. I truly hope they are one of the lucky ones and can weather this recession storm. I am so angry that this recession was allowed to happen in the first place, because it was totally avoidable...but don't get me started.

I am so grateful that we have jobs and are working at this point. I have started to do the Hallmark cards at Walgreen's now. At first I thought I would not like the job, but I actually enjoy it. I think I am good at it because it takes someone very organized and detail oriented. That would be me!

We are going to Hawaii again in May and I have been trying to lose weight, which apparently isn't supposed to happen. I have lost 10 pounds and have arrived at my regular stay-right-there plateau! This is my weight and I am sticking to it!

I am getting excited for Easter and looking forward to having the family together again. I sure wish Marlene didn't live so far away. Susannah will be home from college for the summer and I am really looking forward to having her home again. James has decided to stay in Utah and find a job there. I sure hope he can find something! I am afraid Susannah is going to have to be mighty creative this summer. There isn't much available here in Maricopa!

1 comment:

partypatt said...

I am so sorry to hear about Marlene's husband's job. Has he had any luck in finding another one yet? Also, thanks for taking Christie out. She had fun. Hope you are all well. Congrats on snagging a super guy!