Sunday, March 6, 2011

Throwing mud!


We spent a very fun day at my sister's place yesterday.  She just bought a potters wheel and so Carolyn, Susannah and I went over to her place to try it for the first time.  It was really fun and quite therapeutic.  We have a lot to learn, but for my first time, the end result wasn't too bad.




 Carolyn is working hard!


 My first try!


 Peggy is helping me get it centered.


The end result!


After we went to lunch and made a quick stop at the goodwill, we came back and cut up men's silk ties and wrapped some eggs and boiled them.  This is our result:







3 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

I'm very impressed. I think I could handle making the eggs. They are beautiful.

I'm glad that I found your blog ... just another way to keep up with an old (I mean a familiar) friend!

Jane said...

How fun to make pottery! I haven't done that since middle school. And these eggs look awesome! I've never seen that idea before-- I'll have to try it.

Kristal said...

Those eggs are amazing! I've never seen that before.