Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Cards


I just finished some more cards.  My goal is to fill the folder of different cards so that when I need one, I don't have to find time to make one because I will have an array to choose from...already finished.  




I think they turned out well.  I just got a new Sizzix Texture Botique and I love the swiss dots folder.  It adds a little something extra and gives the card some texture as well.  I used a paint chip I picked up at Home Depot to emboss on and it turned out great!  I like to keep my cards simple, and clean looking but sometimes it is tempting to get carried away.  I think this is a great outlet for the creating something fun without spending too much money.  I was at Ross the other day and got two huge pads of papers for $12...couldn't pass up that bargain.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am always up for a good bargain!  Then I can go home and say "Honey, look how much money I have saved you!"

Speaking of my Honey, it was our 34th Anniversary this weekend.  We went out to dinner and a movie...our usual date, because that is what we love to do.  I really love the great man I married and can't imagine life without him.

2 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

Cute, cute cards. Hopefully you have inspired me to get busy and replenish my supply. I haven't made cards in months. It seems that I spend too much time quilting!

partypatt said...

Kathryn, I LOVE your cards. They are beautiful! And think of the money you're saving! I am impressed and jealous :)