Sunday, April 3, 2011

It is officially Arizona HOT now!

Yep!  We had to turn on the AC today.  We held off as long as we could, but the indoor thermostat read 90 degrees so we figured it was time.  Can I tell you how much I love the person who invented air conditioning!  I honestly don't know how the pioneers survived the heat here before AC.  All I know is I wouldn't be living here in the Phoenix area if we didn't have it!

I was watching a video tutorial by Northridge Publishing on You Tube and they showed how to make flowers out of circles of paper...it looked easy and fun so I tried it on the cards I made today.  They are not perfect, but I think they turned out pretty cute!





I finally got my craft room all set up and organized.  When I have a few minutes I will post some pictures.  My husband calls it my cave, because I come in here and disappear into my own little creative world.  It has been so nice to have a space where I can get everything out and leave it if I want instead of having to put it away all of the time.  Although since I am an organization freak, the messes usually don't last all that long.  I think sometimes the planning and organizing, for me, is just as fun as doing the actual projects.

I also saw a serving tray on a website and decided to try and make my own.  There are such possibilities, that my sister and daughters are going to get together next weekend and make some more.


Now we just need to make some cute candies or cupcakes to put on it!  Can't wait to see how they all turn out!

1 comment:

Wendy Lady said...

You are turning on the AC and we are pulling out the snow shovel ... again. We awoke this morning to 4" of snow on the ground and it is still coming down. At least we enjoyed temperatures near 70 degrees for a couple of days this week.

I love your cards. If you keep posting your creations, it just might inspire me to pull out my paper and replenish my supply. Your trays are darling. The style is a little different than those I have.

I understand what you mean about your craft room. I pretty much live in mine. I have an unfinished spot in my basement that I hope to turn into a new sewing/craft room, but first need to locate the $$$. I made a tablerunner yesterday while listening to conference & will be sewing on a quilt for my grandson's 8th birthday today. Creating is so much fun!