Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm So Grateful




Just watching conference this weekend has brought tears to my eyes so many times when I ponder my blessings and just how fully we are blessed everyday. I loved all of the talks but when President Monson spoke this morning about "enjoying the journey" I had to smile because that is what I have been trying to live and to teach my family for the past few years. I realize that sometimes we have trials and challenges that seem overwhelming, but there is something good to be found each and every day. It was a reminder to me that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and that He will answer our prayers. I have been stressing a little about finding a job and have filled out so many applications. I realize that when the job and time is right I will find what I need. I just need to have more faith and be diligent in my prayers and actions. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and my knowledge that Jesus died for me and atoned for all of my sins so that I might be able to live with Him and my family eternally. This has been a good week. I spent a day with Carolyn and her girls. I love all of my grandchildren and find joy in the fact that they still want to play with me and include me in all that they do. I talked to Marlene and her kids. We have some great "Grandma, guess what" conversations. I spent a day with our new daughter-in-law Christie. We went to the mall and walked and talked and got to know each other a little better. She is a cute girl, and I am glad Travis found her. Life is good. I love my husband and children and grandchildren. I am so grateful for all we have!

No comments: